- By Leonard
- June 12, 2019 at 11:12
The Tanzania Geological Society announces the TGS 2019 Annual
Meeting and Workshop on “Fifty years of geosciences profession in
Tanzania: Power of the Past – Force of the Future”. The workshop
and meeting will take place in Dar es Salaam in end of September
The workshop will cover five sub-themes as listed below. We are inviting abstracts for ORAL and POSTER
presentations that will fit to the listed sub-themes.
- Artisanal and small scale mining in Tanzania (the past and future)
- Responsible mining for socio-economic sustainability
- Legal and regulatory framework in the Tanzania’s mining sector
- Developments in energy sector of Tanzania
- Water resource management in Tanzania: Water demand, quality and safety
Abstracts can either be submitted via TGS email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or via our website
(https://www.tgs.or.tz/) on registration portal.
VENUE AND DATES
The workshop, TGS annual meeting and excursions will held at the new University of Dar Es Salaam Library
in Dar Es Salaam between 25th and 29th September 2019.
The new University of Dar Es Salaam Library equipped with Modern Conference Hall (Right;
ORAL AND POSTER SESSIONS
Oral and poster sessions will be focusing on the mentioned sub-themes.
During submission of abstracts, authors should indicate their preference of either oral or poster
The standard for the poster is A0 format (Portrait; Width 841 x Height 1189 mm). Everyone opting for
poster presentation will be assigned a space for the display of his or her poster.
REGISTRATION FEE FOR WORKSHOP
Registration process for annual workshop can be done online through our website
(https://www.tgs.or.tz/), whereby the portal for registration will be open until 31st August 2019. The
cost for registration is as follows:
- 100,000 TShs for TGS ordinary members,
- 50,000 TShs for TGS student members and
- 150,000 TShs for non members,
Payment of registration fee to the workshop should be done directly to the TGS bank account:
Account name Tanzania Geological Society (TGS)
Bank CRDB Bank (UDSM Branch)
For local currency TShs A/C No. 0150249195400
For foreign currency A/C No. 0250249195400
Confirmation of payments (bank receipts) should be sent to email@example.com
There will an excursion that will take place after the workshop on 28th and 29th September 2019. Details of
the excursion will be realised in the next circular.
INVITATION – TGS PARTNERS TO THE WORKSHOP
Institutions and companies are invited to participate in the TGS 2019 workshop through PRESENTATION in
one of the themes and/or EXHIBITION of various activities undertaken by institutions or companies.
Organising committee is kindly requesting interested companies or institutions to be one of the sponsors
for this scientific event. Categories for sponsorships and some of the benefits of sponsors’ contribution will
be acknowledged into three categories as follows:
TSh 2,500,000 – 4,999,999/=
- Two free membership registrations
- Space to mount booth to showcase
- Company logo will appear on the book of
TSh 5,000,000 – 14,999,999/=
- All bronze sponsor opportunities above
- One half-page advertisement in specific
- All of opportunities for both silver and bronze sponsors above
- Two additional membership registrations
- One full-page advertisement in the conference program
- Distribute company information in attendee registration packets
- Five minutes oral presentation about the company activities on the opening day
- Company logo will appear on the book of abstract, banners where media interrogations shall be
conducted plus any other post-conference publications
For further inquiry please contact:
Dr. Elisante E. Mshiu (+255 768 384 430)
“ Everybody wants development; but not everybody understands and accepts the basic requirement for development, the biggest
requirement is HARD WORK”. JK Nyerere.