- By Leonard
- February 16, 2017 at 08:11
The Tanzania Geological Society announces the TGS 2017 Annual Meeting and a Workshop on “Geosciences and Sustainable Energy for Industrialization and Economic Development”. The workshop and meeting will take place in Mtwara region at the end of August.
There will be four sub-themes as listed below; we are inviting abstracts for ORAL and POSTER presentations that will fit to the listed sub-themes.
- Geothermal Energy for sustainable development: Exploration and Exploitation
- Local content in extractive industry: Exploration, development and production
- The role of Tanzania earth resources in industralization process
- Strategic mineral resources: Exploration and Exploitation
There will be series of invited lecturers, which the details will be provided in the coming circulars. But for further information or comments please contact us through email@example.com
ORAL AND POSTER SESSIONS
The oral and poster sessions will be focusing on the mentioned sub-themes. The standard for the poster is A0 format (Potrait, Width 841 x Height 1189 mm). Everyone will have a place for his or her poster.
All abstracts for the workshop will be reviewed and accepted by the scientific committee and successful authors will be notified.
Abstracts will be accepted for either oral or poster presentation. Please indicate your preference when submitting. All abstracts should be submitted with registration forms in our portal link. Abstracts that will be submitted by e-mail will not be accepted.
The deadline for abstract submission is 6th June 2017.
Format for abstract is given below. Abstract format will be more or less similar to the format used in the previous workshop (Tanzania Geological Society 2015 Annual Meeting and Workshop). TGS members can get a copy of book of abstract of the TGS 2015 workshop from this link.
- Abstract is limited to ONE A4 size page, text only without any figures or tables. Top, bottom, left, and right margins 25 mm (2.5 cm).
- Title: Upper and lower case, left justified, Times New Roman font, 14 pt bold.
- Contributors’ names: Upper and lower case left, justified, first name first, surname last, Times font, 11pt.
- Affiliation: Upper and lower case, left justified, Times font, 10 pt. Numbered superscripts should be used to indicate the affiliation of each contributor. E-mail address can be added in parentheses at the end of the corresponding contributor’s affiliation.
- Main text: Single spaced text, Times 10 pt font, no section headings.
- 500 words are limited for one abstract.
Registration process will done online through our website here and will be active and the webpage for registration will stay open till 28th July 2017. Payment of fees for the workshop should be done directly to our bank account. Details below:
CRDB Bank (UDSM Branch)
Tanzania Geological Society (TGS)
For local currency - TShs A/C No. 0150249195400
For foreign currency - USD A/C No. 0250249195400
Or through TIGO PESA, MPESA and AIRTEL MONEY directly to our CRDB account. Instructions for such process can be found here
Please visit our website news page here, in NEWS page to complete the online registration form.
FEE IN TSHS (and USD)
For Money Transfer from banks outside Tanzania
Bank Name: CRDB Bank
Branch: CRDB UDSM
Bank account: (foreign currency) - USD A/C No. 0250249195400
Bank account: (local currency) - TShs A/C No. 0150249195400
SWIFT Code: CORUTZTZ
Branch code: 3386
Bank code: 003
||Late Full Registration
||On Site Registration